Monday, June 15, 2009

Luke is 2 !






Well this weekend was a little crazy to say the least..I'll back up.. Thursday was Hope's dance recital and she was adorable doing her ballet dance to "The Candyman". Friday I worked and Saturday Hope was supposed to perform at Saratoga Splash.The following picture is minutes before she was supposed to dance and then came the rain..Really monsoon would be more appropriate. I felt so bad! The kids didn't get to do anything they wanted pony rides, slides, etc. So, instead we went shopping for Luke's birthday present. Okay, driving in a monsoon..not the smartest especially given our track record for accidents right now(Bern totaled his truck on Friday) but we were in search for a Buzz Lightyear.We even saw lightning strike a building and saw a little smoke rise. Then, 2 hours later..sunshine. What the heck is up with this weather! Sunday, we had both sides of the family and the Warrens over for Luke's birthday which we were planning on a bbq outside but of course rain. So picture 24 people in my house, guitar hero, face paint, dinner, and cake and ice cream. A little crazy to say the least! Luke had a good time though. He loved all of his gifts..everyone was so thoughtful, they were perfect for him. Luke kept saying,"Lukey spiderman robot". Cute but a little confused. Mom and Aunt Lara made him a spiderman cake and cupcakes. Thanks guys! It was so cute. Also, the kids got to get their faces painted. It turned out really good just really loud for a while..Oh and my sisters and Aunt minus Linds and me had their faces painted like KISS. Anyway, Love you all..more pics and video of Hope's dance recital as soon as Bern downloads them for me off the internal memory..for now enjoy Luke's birthday.

2 comments:

The Hintze Family said...

Looks so fun!! Sage's family did face painting at a reunion one year and the kids loved it! Your kids are too cute!

Anonymous said...

I love Luke's birthday cake...that is awesome! It's about time you posted something :) Teesa's hair was done with one of those pony tail hair pieces...funny huh? I remember once when it came out and she was playing with her friends and they were freaked out about her hair falling out!!! I don't have a website to order, you just have to let me know which #'s on the disk (that I gave you) you want. That is the easiest way for now :) Just write them on a piece of paper and call me with your order or email me and I will place it for you :) Call me about your family photo...It's getting kind of busy for some reason end of summer/fall fill up fast....probably for Christmas photos.
Love ya!
Amy