Thursday, October 23, 2008

Needing to vent a little...

Okay, so I know everyone is prob sick of hearing about this but my vertigo problem is still not resolved. It was getting better so it wasn't bothering me as much. Only dizzy now and then but the last three days it has been pretty bad again and pretty much all the time. I have had a full work up a few months ago: MRI, balance testing,antibiotics, etc. I've been to two different ENT's and am now getting my heart checked out by a cardiologist to make sure that my heart isn't causing it. It's completely depressing. Nobody can really tell me what is going on. I was hoping that it was gradually going away but the last few days it got worse again. I try not to think about it and stay busy with my kids because when I dwell on it all the worst things go through my mind. My ENT wants me to have some more balance testing done so I am going to do that but he also said that we may have not seen anything on the MRI because it was too small. So, if my balance testing comes back normal then I'll probably push for a repeat of the MRI brain and neck this time. Sorry if this is kind of a downer, I'm just having a bad day.

6 comments:

JameeMaLee said...

Oh nikki... that seriously sucks.. I hope they find whats wrong so they can fix it..Have you had your ears checked?? I'm sure you have.

The Fam said...

Woog. Keep your chin up. You'll find it and fix it. Kiss the kids. Love ya.
Desi

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I'm so sorry! I had no idea that any of this was going on! I hope that they'll be able to figure out what is the matter and get you better! I hope your days this week will get better! but keep busy, it is true when your mind idles all sorts of crazy stuff goes through, keep strong and hang in there! Hope to see you soon! Love you!

Me said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with this! My Mom has had Vertigo for MONTHS(not to discourage you!) She still has it come and go! I don't know that Docs. can know for sure! Try not to worry too much! Sometimes it really is just fluid in the ears----I hope you get some answers SOON!

Jeff and Nanci said...

Holly Crap Nikki! I remember talking to you about this like a month ago. I can't believe it hasn't gone away or they haven't figured out what is wrong. I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how crazy that makes you feel all the time. I hope it gets better soon or they figure it out. Good luck.

John and Erin said...

Wish I could help ya Nik. We'll be praying for you. Love you