Sunday, October 12, 2008

Luke's Owee!




So, Hope and Luke were playing in her room. I heard a big crash and Luke started screaming. I ran back to see what happened where I promptly spanked Hope as she proceeded to tell me that she pushed look down because he was kicking her. First, Luke can't kick standing up. He doesn't have that kind of balance yet so I don't know what really happened and second, she pushed him down earlier that day too. Anyway, we took him to Timpview Regional to have it xrayed because he wouldn't bear weight on it very well. They told me it was sprained and we went home. Hope and I went out of town for the weekend and by then he was walking with a little limp. When I got back on Sunday he seemed to be walking almost normal. Bern told me the ER DR called and I thought he was just following up. By Wed. he was still limping so I called the ER Doc back and he told me that the radiologist thought there was a hairline buckle fracture of the tibia. They wanted me to bring him back to re xray it. I decided to take him to his pediatrician to have it examined. They xrayed it and said there was a fracture of the fibula and it was not hairline. Also, you can't have a buckle fracture of the tibia( I hate that we don't have IHC insurance). They casted it and now he has to have it on for 3 weeks. So, today we autographed his cast. See if you can see what I wrote for Hope. She scribbled next to it.

6 comments:

Kacy said...

Oh that is so stinking sad. Poor little guy. I am not a fan of Timpanogos hospital. That is where I had to deliver Kyson. Everything was okay but I am a much bigger fan of IHC. HOpe your little man survives okay. That would be so hard.

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Poor Lukie! I love him though, it doesnt let him get him down!

Diane said...

I love that Hope could not be left out and had to have her legs on the blog too.

Cute legs Hopey!

Abbey Gal said...

So sad! My mom says he has learned to walk with it on his tippy toes. Clever little thing! Get well soon Lukie! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nikki! How sad! He's so stinking cute though! How have you been? It's been a long time! You and your kids look beautiful in the pix! Hope you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

So sad!! But, little cast are very cute, my daughter fractured her elbow at 13 months!! It is a good thing their little bodies can heal so fast. Rachael =)