Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Sewing Project



I am making a duvet for Hope's new bed. Our princess moved into her big bed and we are trying to get her set up in it. I decided I wanted to learn how to sew and make a duvet for her bed so my Aunt Desi is helping me do most of it all by myself. It is taking a while but it will be so cute when it is finished. It has turned into to quite the project but I dare say it will be as good as Pottery Barn although I don't think I saved much $ doing it. Well, here's to learning a new skill anyway. Oh, and the picture is kind of yellow because it was taken on Bern's iphone and it doesn't have a flash but you kind of get the idea of what I am attempting to do. It should be done by next week. We've been trying to get together once a week to work on it. Des is nice enough to let me use her machine but I think I like this. It's pretty fun. I'll have to be buying me one.

6 comments:

Trevor & Lindsey said...

It looks so cute sister!

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Oh p.s. sorry you werent invited to pa, I wasnt really either I just went! haha!

Diane said...

I love the bird fabric. You are doing an awesome job. It is way cuter then if I had been the helper. The problem with sewing is you spend so much time doing it and you could have bought something for the same amount.

The Warrens said...

So cute! I can't wait to see it when it is all done. I am working on my 25 things...sorry it is taking so long!

Nikki said...

Diane,

I prob could have spent not much more at Pottery Barn but this is fun to learn. How are your aprons coming along?d

Anonymous said...

Oh Nikki...it looks way cute! I loved hanging out with you guys :) I have some sneak peaks up for you on my photography website...super, duper cute!
Love ya!