Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Continued

As the vote rolls in and it looks like Obama has won the election, I am a little defeated and disappointed in the American public. While I wish that I could celebrate with the rest of the country the true achievement of having an African American president(Mixed African - American, White), I am really worried about where his economic policies and tax increases will take us. I wish that race hadn't played such a huge roll in this election and people looked more at the candidates record and policies. That being said, I hope that he recieves some true inspiration in guiding this country because he is our president for the time being.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Do people ever look to policy before they vote?? I think to many people are blinded by party. We need to look past the party and to the people. I am with you and I am scared but we are stong and no matter what happens we will make it through together.

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTA! I am so upset you have no idea! So Amen to that! You are 100% right!